- Phillips CM-200 200 kV Transmission Electron Microscope (TEM) with Energy Dispersive Spectroscopy (EDS).
- JEOL 6330F Field Emission Scanning Electron Microscopy (FEG-SEM) with Energy Dispersive Spectroscopy (EDS)
- JEOL Multi Beam FIB
- Vecco Atomic Force Microscope (AFM)
- Buehler Versamet 3 Metallograph with Image-Pro Plus® 5.1 Image Analysis Software
- Siemens 500D X-ray Diffractometer (XRD) with residual stress measurement and high temperature capabilities.
- TA Instruments DSC 2910 Differential Scanning Calorimeter.
- TA Instruments DMA983 Dynamic Mechanical Analyzer.
- TA Instruments TGA 2950 Thermogravimetric Analyzer.
- Theta Dilatometer Analyzer.
- Versamet Optical Microscope with Integrated Image Analysis System.
- Complete metallography facility with cutting, mounting, and polishing equipment
- Buehler Electropolishing and etching
- JEOL Dual Focused Ion Beam
- Nanovea Optical Profilometer
- Instron Model 1331 – 20,000 lb, 20kips Cyclic Tester with 8500 Computer Controller.
- Knoop Microhardness Tester
- Rockwell Hardness Tester
- Micro Photonics MP-100TC Digital Microhardness Tester
Nanomechanics and Nanotribology Laboratory
- Hysitron TI 900 Triboindenter
- In-situ Scanning Probe Microscope (SPM) Imaging
- Nano DMA
- Modulus mapping module
- Scanning Probe Image Processor (SPIP) software
- Ionex Tensvac II 2500oC High-Temperature Vacuum Furnace
- Thermolyne 1700oC High -Temperature Furnace.
- Lindberg 1200oC High -Temperature Tube Furnace.
- Vacuum Arc-Melting Furnace.
- Vacuum Heat Treatment System.
- 350 sq. ft. class 100 clean room
- 1200 sq. ft. class 10,000 clean room
- Deep reactive ion etcher – STS Multiplex
- 10 KeV four pocket e-beam deposition system with planetary and residual gas monitoring
- 3 sputtering systems, all cryopumped
- March Reactive Ion Etcher
- Atomic force microscope
- Thin film thickness, reflectance, and transmittance
- 3 and 6” tube furnaces
- Photoresist spinner and dryers (2)
- Critical point dryer
- JEOL 7000 F SEM with e-beam Nanolithography facility (20 nm feature)
- OAI Model 800 Mask Aligner with NLS nanoimprinting module
- NLS AR-STA-100 Nanoimprint sample treatment system
- CVD furnace for CNT
- Micro Probe Station
- Magnetron Sputter
- Multi-mode AFM/MFM/STM Probe System
- HO Magnetometer
- Measurement Spin-Stand
- High speed (100,000 rpm) OZO micro-router/drill for hole drilling (.006 min) and depaneling
- MPM screen printer, with vacuum pull down for via filling
- PTC isostatic laminator
- Uniaxial laminator
- Firing furnaces (controlled ramp (1oC/min), air, vacuum.
- Controlled atmosphere, hydrogen to 1600oC), with optical camera monitoring.
- Ceramic lapping
- Hughes micro welder/soldering station, manual pick and place with epoxy dispense.
- Complete screen fabrication, thru hole plating facility (electroless/electroplating with pulse power supply)
- Photoresist – spinner, controlled extraction
- Dry film and exposure system, thin film deposition (laser ablation, sputtering, filament, and e-beam).
- Complete tape manufacturing (ball mills, three roll mill, cup and cone viscometer, tape casting)
- Full high frequency testing includes three Agilent network analyzers (6GHz, 26GHz, 110GHz)
- Wiltron RF test fixture and a time domain reflectometer.
- Sonnet microwave design, Pro-E solid modeling, CFDRC Fluid modeling, and Harvard Thermal Analysis
Remotely Accessible Tools
- Phenom table top SEM
- JEOL SIB-4500 multibeam SEM/FIB (with EDS)
- JEOL 7000 SEM
- JEOL 6335F SEM with EDS
- Atomic Force Microscope
- Laser Pattern generator / mask maker
- WDS (VIA FCAEM)
- Makerbot Replicator 2 (Fused Deposition Modeling): Single Extruder printer.
- Leapfrog Xeed (Fused Deposition Modeling): Dual Extruder printer with PVA dissolvabe support option.
- Capable of printing large objects with 10 micron mininmum feature size and 5 micron thick layers.
- FormLabs Form 1+ (Stereolithography): High Resolution printer capable of 25 micron layer height.
- NextEngine: High resolution scanning up to 60,000 data points per square inch. Capable of scanning large objects.
© FIU AMERI 2016