AMERI is an Open Access facility, available to researchers from academia and industry alike. Like other facilities of its type, AMERI seeks to further research in Engineering and Nanotechnology by consolidating the resources needed to perform this work at one easily accessible location.
In order to become a new user:
- Discuss accessing AMERI with your supervisor and obtain approval.
- Read the AMERI User Guide, which can be found here.
- Complete AMERI Online Safety Training:
In order to receive online training from the EH&S Department, go to the FIU Training and Professional Development site and register for the required courses following the training instructions found here.
- Combine all safety training certificates into a single .pdf file for submission.
- Create a Facility Online Manager (FOM) account at fom.fiu.edu. For instructions and more information about FOM please see the form user guide.
- Having completed the necessary training, fill out the New AMERI User Request Form.
- To access the X-Ray Diffraction Lab, the X-Ray Device Safety Training must be completed and emailed to Assihf@fiu.edu
Both AMERI staff and your supervisor will be emailed the information that you submit. AMERI staff will review your application for accuracy, completion of safety training, and ensure that your FOM account has been created. Your supervisor will receive the same email and will be required to reply and approve your access. Once both of these are complete, please email Dr. Alex Franco at email@example.com and schedule a tour of the facility in order to discuss possible trainings necessary for the equipment/tools. After that, AMERI staff will enable your access and you are all set.